Metal is a durable material for widespread use. In construction, it is used from the foundation to the roof. The main disadvantage of a metal surface is a significant vulnerability to moisture.
In a short time, corrosion can turn a solid metal surface into dust, so good protection in the form of special paint for metal is urgently needed. The price of coloring compounds is quite affordable, and the right choice of the most suitable paint for metal, you should study all varieties and their features.
Painters from Vancouver are advised to study what paints are for metal, and then go to the store.
Types of paints for metal
- Acrylic paint for metal is a fairly popular variety. Such compounds are characterized by long-term protection of metal products and structures from corrosion.
- The material has a long service life, does not crack and does not fade, provides reliable protection to metal products from corrosion.
- The painted coating safely withstands high temperatures; therefore, acrylic compounds can be used for coloring heating radiators.
- The composition is not combustible and non-toxic, has no unpleasant odor, therefore it can be used for external and internal works.
- Effective corrosion protection for 8 years.
- Alkyd paint is widely used for painting galvanizing and other metal surfaces outdoors and indoors.
- Alkyd formulations have a fairly high degree of adhesion.
- Such formulations are very easy and convenient to apply.
- When working with alkyd paint, it should be remembered that the composition is quite flammable, so you can not use it near the heating elements of metal structures.
- Oil paint is a coloring material based on drying oil, which is mainly extracted from natural oils. Such paints are intended exclusively for internal coloring. If you use oil paint outdoors, then under sunlight it will fade very quickly and crack. In addition, rust will begin to appear under the paint.
- Oil paint more refers to the category of decorative materials. After its application, a fairly attractive coating is formed.
- Such formulations are well suited for coloring household products.
- The paint is unstable to temperature changes.
- Epoxy paint is quite toxic material, so it is used very rarely, and practically does not spread. It is strictly forbidden to paint household products with such a composition, however, it is well suited for an external metal surface subject to high temperature, since it can easily withstand it.
- Hammer paint has an epoxy, alkyd and acrylic base, and also consists of fine glass and aluminum powder. The coating painted with such a composition has a rough surface to the touch with a rather pronounced sheen and texture similar to hammering.
- The paint has excellent resistance to moisture, vibration, and significant temperature fluctuations.
- It has a fairly wide range of colors and a variety of textures.
- A two-layer coating with such a composition replaces the primer and the topcoat.
- Paint for metal and rust is characterized in that it has the ability to apply the composition directly to the rusted sections of the metal surface. Such paint should not be applied to products operated at temperatures above + 150 ° C. It is also not allowed to apply a similar composition to the surface in contact with drinking water, as this may cause harm to health.
- After applying such paint, weatherproof coating forms.
- Paint on rusty metal has an increased covering ability, excellent adhesion, even to a rusted layer.
- The quick-drying composition can excellently resist corrosion for 8 years.
- It has a wide variety of different shades.