Painting surfaces professional tools faster and more convenient than cheap. Expensive brushe and roller allow you to paint evenly. This has an effect not only on the appearance, but also on the lifespan, its resistance to external factors.
During painting, for each task there is a specially created roller or brush. Correct use of the tool will save you from large losses of paint, improve the quality of the finish, reduce the consumption of materials, help you perform complex painting works even without training.
Brush for painting works
This tool is a wooden, plastic or polymer base, which fixes natural or artificial fibers in the form of a brush. Apply brushes to work with almost any kind of paints, including alkyd, oil, acrylic, latex.
Tips for choosing brushes:
- In order for painting works to pass at a normal flow rate, so that the layer is laid on the surface gently and evenly, it is better to choose a paint brush with split ends. Fibers should be elastic, do not break when pressed, thick at the base and soft and thin at the ends.
- It is better to perform painting works with brushes that have a length of bristles at least one and a half times as long as the width.
- Brushes bought in the store must be treated with a soap solution to remove dust, debris, grease and broken bristles. Before painting the floor or ceiling, be sure to dry the brush.
Paint roller for painting works
A roller for painting works is a tool for working on areas. It can have a different cover, depending on the tasks performed. Application of the roller is quite extensive. They can easily paint the ceiling, walls and floor, but the roller is absolutely useless when working on curved objects of complex shape.
Rollers have a higher cost, but they are more durable. Depending on the material from which the handle and the cover are made, the properties and characteristics of the tool are determined. In construction shops you can find rollers covers made of such materials:
- foam rubber;
- fur of different animals;
- vestan, polyester and other polymers.
If you are going to paint the ceiling with acrylic paints or latex compounds - it is better to buy a synthetic roller, as this guarantees the quality of the painting. For the work with oil paints any rollers are suitable.
The larger the cover, the higher the paint consumption. This should be borne in mind when buying rollers from velor or mohair. The roller takes in times more paint than the brush, which speeds up the work and reduces labor costs.
Advantages of the roller in front of the hands:
- The roller can be whitewashed, painted or treated a huge area very quickly and easily. One pass can be equaled to a hundred brush strokes by a roller. It is especially convenient to paint the floor with a roller, even if it has an uneven surface, the work will be faster.
- The roller covers the surface evenly, even if it has not previously been prepared.
- There is a huge selection of the type of invoice of paint or other decorative coating. Brushes are not designed to work with a large number of modern finishing materials, such as liquid decorative plaster.
- Absence of visible smears on the working surface.
- The cost of a quality roller is higher than the cost of a brush, however, if you only buy a cover for replacement - the roller will be a more profitable tool.
- The roller can not be used for painting joints, corners and other small surfaces. You will need brushes.
- The surface of the roller has an extremely small resource of use.
Roller or brush
The comparison begins with the fact that the roller and brush are not mutually exclusive things. For carrying out qualitative painting works the presence of both the first and second is required. The more correct question is - what is more effective in the work of the painter? And in which cases is it worth using this or that instrument?
A few tips to make the right choice:
- The larger the area - the higher the efficiency when using the roller.
- The roller can paint the surface almost without leaving the place. Brush requires simplified access to the working surface.
- The roller requires a special tray and containers for storing the paint. This is not only an additional expense, but also an inconvenience for the painter, who should instead of one brush keep several items at once while working.
- The bristles rarely falls out of the roller, which is very important when working with "light" paints, which are laid by the thinnest layer.
- With a large brush, it is convenient to bleach the ceiling and walls with lime, but it is difficult to work with this material.
- Brush is an indispensable tool for working with corners. It is also necessary for painting window frames, pipes, radiators.
- Roller is often used to work with stencils. Roller paint over the stencil.
From all the above it becomes clear that each tool has its own advantages and disadvantages, which allow them to use efficiently and rationally regulate the consumption of material. The choice of the tool depends only on the type of painting.
We will be grateful if you appreciate our article.[ratings]